Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

Now, THIS is a good fit! But in needed something to set them off, so I knitted up a pretty straightforward shrug. I so love this yarn! The shrug can be worn either way, depending upon which colors you want to have at the shoulders, which show mostly at the front of the doll.
These are the mini stockings that I spoke of earlier. I actually began making them early in July.. but most of the yarn is self-striping that I have, and really isn't suited to "pairs" of socks for dolls. These will likely end up as tree ornaments... again.. they're addictive! The pattern was purchased; but adapted to suit my knitting. I didn't like the ribbed top as shown on the green stocking. Why? Because it is so small it is difficult to open it up; I envision them on a miniature tree with mini candy canes... so, modified the top for a purled top; subsequent stockings are a bit different, with two rows of purls separated by two rows of knit stitches.

Note: The stockings are shown on What's Her Face; she has much bigger feet than Blythe or the other 1/6 scale dolls, so I modified the pattern again to fit Blythe.
Did I say I knitted mini stockings while on the PCT? ... my brain must have fried in the sun.... The yarn I took with me was a skein of self-striping sock yarn, and I made these little Topknot Hats. They are sized for Skipper, which means they will fit most 1/6 scale dolls, such as Barbie, Licca, Momoko, Jenny, and What's Her Face. They will definitely NOT fit Blythe! I have another pattern for her.
The hats are like popcorn... addicting! You must keep knitting to see how the next one will shape up!

1 comment:

Hegemony77 said...

This is a fantastic little socks!