Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Mini knitting is such a treat!

OK... it's tedious and tiny, and my eyes get buggy after awhile, but I keep coming back for more! I found this great little book of designs by Val Love...it's called Pocket Pals. She's taken an old favorite knitted doll and updated it... at least, I think that's what she did as knitted dolls have been around f-o-r-ever!
But they are so darned cute!

I knitted one with my morning coffee... didn't like that the pattern is written for straight needles, and I am in the process of rewriting it for myself for use with DP needles.

I hate sewing up, and will use circular or DP needles whenever possible. I am actually not going to finish this first one because I need some skin toned yarn to replace to too pink yarn I used, so will post a photo later of a completed one.
In the meantime, Happy Knitting!

No comments: