Search This Blog

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Blue and White Smocked Dress, shown on Pure Neemo S doll

The making of the perfect dress for Blythe, Pure Neemo S..... note the little crocheted lace bit at the neckline.... Love that detail!!!
:)

I found this wonderful vintage blue/white striped fabric... it's been sitting around in my sewing room awhile waiting for the perfect project. This is it!


I got out my vintage Pleating machine, and tested pleating on a scrap...
:
Then found my old English Smocking Instructions that I used way back in the 1980's for teaching Smocking classes:

And, because I love doll dresses with hand knit tops, I tracked down a pattern for a circular yoke, which I will not show here because I modified it so drastically!! But the top was knit from the top down, with sleeves being put on stitch holders, then later picked up and knit in the round... Perfect for how I like to knit!
Pleats gathered, and surface embroidery completed.... this will be the skirt for the dress.



The bodice is knitted flat, the sleeves knitted in the round... I added yo,K2tog buttonholes in the back... Did I mention that I hate, hate, hate sewing on snaps, and detest velcro?? I will use both when absolutely necessary.... but it isn't necessary here!


Oh, what the hay! This is the pattern that I started with.... and can be found on etsy. 



The doll body is Pure Neemo S..... which means that the dress will fit my new Ppinkydoll, Miko.... also, Blythe.

Taaa-Daaa! 







No comments: